This is the twelfth post in a multi-part series where I share the highlights of the sections/subsections of the book How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
Principle 3: If you’re wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically
- If we know we are going to be rebuked, why not beat the other person to it and do it ourselves?
- If you admit your mistakes, you’re more likely to have the other person minimize your mistakes.
- When we’re right, let’s try to win people gently and tactfully to our way of thinking.
- When we’re wrong, let’s admit our mistakes quickly and with enthusiasm.
- By fighting you never get enough, but by yielding you get more than you expected.
Begin in a friendly way.
- Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/editor/ (yes, that’s the account name)